Every week Apple features free applications on the App Store. This week is no different and it currently features Camera Plus as its free app for the entire week. I have lots of photography applications on my iPhone and iPad but what made me download this application aside from being free is its remote control ability. Based from its description on the App Store, they call it AirSnap. The feature allows you to remote control an iPhone or iPad using another to capture photos and videos wirelessly. This is also available on the Apple Watch. I have yet to try it on my iPhone and iPad mini but I think the limiting factor here is that both Wifi and Bluetooth need to be turned on for it to work. I would assume that data connection should also work but it won't be good if the network is bad. It would have been better if only Bluetooth is required to pair the devices.
Camera Plus features as shown on the App Store
Aside from AirSnap, the application also boasts the following features:
- Brilliant macro photography
- Focus Shift which allows you to focus in and out of desired subjects during recording to give that cinematic effect for perspective
- Lumy – A slider for instant brightness control for photos and videos
- HDR & Photo filters – Beautiful array of filters for memorable pics
- Photo captions – Apply text on photos in a variety of fonts and colors
- ‘PIX’D – One touch auto photo enhancement
- Easy image editing – Adjust the Color, Temp. etc. to make images perfect
- Private folder – Lock photos and videos away from prying eyes
- Soft flash/customizable button placement for the iPad
A recent update to the application has been released last month allowing photo sharing to Tumblr and adding also the option to order prints.
If you're looking for a good photography application for iOS or just wanted to try something new, now's the best time to grab Camera Plus while its free on the App Store. This will only last for the week so get it now.