|Details of the update inside the game|
Clash of Clans has just released its latest update this week which introduced a new Dark Troop called Lava Hound. Lava Hound is a flying unit which focuses mainly on Air Defenses. The first level Lava Hound has a very low 10 Damage per second but this is compensated with very high Hitpoints of 5700. You can probably say that its a Golem that flies. The troop splits into multiple Lava Pups when it dies and its unlocked on Town Hall Level 9 (Source: Clash of Clans Wiki).
|The Lava Hound|
|The Lava Pup|
Aside from this new troop, Barbarian and Archers can now be upgraded to Level 7 and Archer Towers can now reach Level 13. Another interesting update is the use of Elixir to upgrade walls. The only condition here is that you need to have at least Level 6 walls to use it.
I just reached Town Hall Level 9 a few weeks back and this is absolutely another interesting update. I have yet to play Lava Hound but it will definitely a good decoy for my usual combos of Giant and Healer and mass Dragons during Clan War. Here's the full release notes of the update as posted in iTunes.
A brand new Dark Barracks troop makes its debut, along with new troop and building levels!
- This brand new flying Dark troop loves to hunt Air Defenses
- Tough and reliable, it takes tons of damage before erupting into many smaller units!
- Barbarian & Archer level 7, Archer Tower level 13 and Dark Barracks level 6
Balancing and interface improvements
- Upgrade full rows of walls at once with the option to pay Elixir instead of Gold!
- Hero heal times and Valkyrie training time are greatly reduced
- Healers now stick to healing bigger groups of units
- Replays show the attacking army, can be paused or will show time remaining if live
|Troops can now be removed from the Clan Castle...|
|... and Army Camps|